Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Look what I found at Hot Topic

  1. #1
    Inactive Member deadliner's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 8th, 2005
    Posts
    306
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    When I read that story about Mike's wrist, I did a quick Google to see if it hit the news, but somehow, this link was one of the first links that popped up. Follow the link on that page to this one.

    Just great, now all the little mall rat punks will be wearing them...... [img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img]

    I just hope Mike's getting a good percentage of the sales. [img]wink.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member sandnash's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2005
    Posts
    229
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm sad to see the Black Kat merchandise at Hot Topic...people who have no clue who Mike Ness is will be wearing those tees now. I do know that if I ever buy my boyfriend another Black Kat shirt, I'll do it at a show. Merch.com's shipping was $10 for 1 t-shirt. Thats way too much!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member sean606's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 12th, 2005
    Posts
    263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by sandrenash:
    I'm sad to see the Black Kat merchandise at Hot Topic...people who have no clue who Mike Ness is will be wearing those tees now. I do know that if I ever buy my boyfriend another Black Kat shirt, I'll do it at a show. Merch.com's shipping was $10 for 1 t-shirt. Thats way too much!
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Not as much as one of the only UK-based sites where you can buy an SD tee, ?12.99 to receive it within 4 or 5 days!!!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member esvenneby's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2003
    Posts
    1,717
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I dont think too many people will buy the shirts unless they know what its about, and at least they wont have to pay all those shipping charges.
    Maybe when they go on clearance the knuckleheads will buy them, and not know what the're getting.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member PainWillBeMyMotivation's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 18th, 2005
    Posts
    362
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The way I see it, so what if someone gets the shirt not knowing who owns the company or what their "day job" is. It's a win-win for Black Kat and Social D; not only do they pull in coin from the shirts but they get promotion too.

    I bought my friend Bill a BlackKat shirt for XMas because he's into the whole motorcycle thing be it Harley or custom. He checked out the website, heard Road Zombie and now owns a couple of Social-D CDs. He's a big southern rock fan and I'd tried to get him to check out Social D before but he wouldn't because, in his words, "I figured if you liked 'em they were one of them fuckin mohawk bands."

    So, BlackKat t-shirt sales = Social Distortion record sales. And in my eyes, the more people that get to enjoy them, the better.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member PainWillBeMyMotivation's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 18th, 2005
    Posts
    362
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    But I do agree that it sucks when you see someone with a great t-shirt on and you think you've met "one of your own" but they have no fucking clue; they're just wearing it because they think it looks cool or will make them look cool.

    Back in the day if I saw a Ramones shirt, I figured I'd met a new friend. Now I don't even flinch.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member GassaNova's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 30th, 2005
    Posts
    23
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've known about Mikes shop for over a year now. Kinda makes me wonder why Cole Foster and Salinas Boys built Mike's 54 and Mike's 36 Ford. Here is a link to pis on Mike's 54.
    http://www.salinasboys.com/pn_54_chevrolet.html

  8. #8
    Inactive Member deadliner's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 8th, 2005
    Posts
    306
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, I know, you have been able to order Black Kat Kustoms t-shirts, hats, etc. from his website for awhile now. It's just that they are now available at Hot Topic.......

  9. #9
    Inactive Member esvenneby's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2003
    Posts
    1,717
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    No shit!! The times have definately changed!!

  10. #10
    Inactive Member PainWillBeMyMotivation's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 18th, 2005
    Posts
    362
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah they have. The NASCAR hat wearin', snuff rubbing, 60 inch tire havin' meathead fucking rednecks who called me "Black Fag" throughout high school because I had a Black Flag t-shirt are out there right now in a Clash shirt (probably thinking "Clash" is a clothing line)because it's the thing to do now since MTfuckinV says it's the thing to do now because so and fuckin so statutory rapist in Good fucking Charlotte or some other poison to my ears piece of shit item they're calling a band wore one in a video in a feeble attempt at gaining some "street cred".
    I take solace in the fact that it will stop being trendy fairly soon and our lives will go on as usual while they cash in on raping the legacy of jazz piano or string quartets...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •